Sunday, December 4, 2011

From Sea Too Shining Sea

From Sea Too Shining Sea

What can and cannot a politician do? Well this is what I believe to be a flawed question. Why you would feel the need to ask a politician what to do or what can he do about economics is disastrous. I feel that politics should have a very small involvement with economics at all, that their purpose is only to ensure the safety of its citizens and to enforce contractual agreements. This being said I think the fact that the government is as involved in economics as to classify it more as an economic organization rather than a political one because at this point the two halves are in separable. I often talk about the over bearing squid of government that needs our support but also has the ability to eat those underneath, and in pertinence to this the squid uses its long and strong economic tentacles to try and steer those underneath it and make sure it has an adequate flock of followers to keep itself off the ground. I hate this squid, I don’t think it should have its tentacles in my economics, and I choose not to stand underneath it if given the choice. This choice is not given to me that often and so I see myself routinely being pushed around by a tentacle made of us dollars and hate its influence over our society locally and globally. I wonder if there is even a possibility to get completely out from under the squid, or is you leave one will you walk under another. I may never find my way out of this sea of tentacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment