The pipeline as envisioned would rival the famed trans-Alaska oil pipeline, a major project of a generation ago. This pipeline has been a dream for Alaskans for years, seen as a way to provide economic certainty as oil production from the North Slope declines.
- Alaskans have long awaited the construction of a natural gas pipeline which has not yet materialized. Do you think that this new agreement will be the impetus for it to actually happen?
- Is China, with its links to North Korea, our friend or foe?
- Would the new pipeline impede the diversification of Alaska's economy and keep its citizens dependent on natural resources?
- Would this new project solve Alaska's budget crisis
- Would this project benefit Alaskans through lower energy prices?
- What are the merits of the project? What are the weaknesses?