Tuesday, November 9, 2010

At the end of the day...

Sadly, at the end of the day there exists a group of people who are unable to make decisions for themselves. The free market doesn't have in place a mechanism that can force these poor illiterate peasants to do what is best. Thankfully there exists a myriad of government officials who are qualified to make decisions for these people that they don't know. As a result of careful application of force and government power people's lives are made better. Regretfully, globalization undercuts this upward trend in human achievement. There are, however, some things that can be done to limit globalization's power. Tragically, I'm not qualified to decide what they are. There is good news for people like me. I'll tell you what it is as soon as I'm notified.

2 comments:

  1. I sense that the winds are changing. The Westerly wind of Economics giving way to the Northern gale of moral philosophy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't believe in free will, so I have no choice. I'm forced to agree with you!

    ReplyDelete